- advertisement -

Omnipod Question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by heamwdevine, May 7, 2013.

1. heamwdevine

heamwdevine Approved members

Hi Everyone! I know I haven't been on here for a while, but life has gotten really busy this year with three kids getting older.

It's been 4 years now that Anna's had Type 1 and so she decided to try the Omnipod instead of the Medtronic since her warranty is up. We JUST put her first pod on and I have a question about using the PDM for checking BS??

When I put the test strip in is it supposed to turn on automatically, because when I do that it doesn't???

2. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

Yes, the PDM should turn on.

Do you have the right strips (FreeStyle, not light)?
    Do you insert them pushing to the end?

3. heamwdevine

That was it!!! Thank you!!! I grabbed the Freestyle Lite, not the regular that came in the box.:rolleyes: I'll go try those!

4. swellman

swellman Approved members

Unless the new PDM is different it turns on with Lite sensors as well. I haven't tried it but that would be a great feature if it didn't.

5. heamwdevine

We are newbies at this still, but it wouldn't turn on for me with the Lite strips so maybe it is a new feature. When we put the freestyle strips in though, I see an option to press Light at the bottom of the PDM.