- advertisement -

OmniPod PDM Meter WAY Off. Every happened to you?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by DavidN, Aug 5, 2016.

1. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

So tonight the CGM was asking for a reading and read 110 slant down, 6 units on board. We stuck and tested using PDM, 220. Son said he feels a little low. We wash hands and test again, 225. Again from different bottle of strips, 217. Despite the CGM blood drop begging for an BG reading, I don't enter one. I don't trust the readings. 20 minutes later CGM reads 65 down arrow, son feels really low. I stick, PDM reads 187. We are on vacation with no meter back-up. I can go to the store tomorrow and get another meter, but tonight will be weird. I'm relying on a CGM that was calibrated this morning because based on son feeling his lows the CGM seems to be much more accurate than the PDM. Not sure what's going on. Have never experienced this. I will run him a bit higher than usual tonight using the CGM as a guide. Anyone with anything similar ever happen?

2. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

Crisis over. Called Insulet at 2am and they recommended control solution. On vacation, don't have it. So I went to bed. This morning, I decide to use the PDM on myself. We've been dealing with this disease for 4 years and I can't think of this obvious answer last night? My BG was 97 this morning. Still confused why son felt so low. Every single time it's come down to boy vs machine on the BG front, boy came out on top. Not sure what's going on. He hasn't been running higher than usual so I didn't think it was a body adjustment issue. Anyway, he's convinced he ran all night at 120 when instead he was at 250 because his dumb ass father didn't think to stick himself last night. Pitiful.

3. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

I would say that IF his bloodsugar was dropping fast, that can feel like a low. Then again, his cgm telling he is low, may have just made him feel it.

Curious...what was his number in the am?