- advertisement -

OmniPod News & Rumours - Got any?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by Tripper, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Tripper

Tripper Approved members

Why is it so quiet on the OmniPod front. Where is the new software? When is the PDM being released. Anybody got any good internet rumours to share?

2. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

unofficial word on the street is august :eek: Others have said this spring (before July) .... it is one of those believe it when you see it things...

3. RosebudMama

RosebudMama Approved members

Well, as a Cozmo customer...

OmniPod WAS going to be our next choice. BUT the IOB issue is a deal breaker for us. I heard a rumor that they would be changing it to keep track of BOTH correction AND meal boluses ... and came across a newer user manual that backed it up.

So, today I e-mailed the company seeking confirmation. This was my response:

Thank you for visiting MyOmniPod.com and for your interest in the OmniPod Insulin Management System!
    To clarify some of the information you have received I will tell you the user manual you saw online is not the most up to date information on our new release. The IOB will remain the same and any new information about it will be released from our website. To ensure you are receiving the most accurate info look to our company website. Please feel free to contact product support with any questions or explanation of IOB.

If you have any further questions please contact us again. We look forward to serving your diabetes management needs in the future!
    Sincerely,

Tom Peak
    Customer Support Representative

Please do not respond to this email as this is a non-response account.

Bummer.

4. RosebudMama

RosebudMama Approved members

I forgot to mention that I saw a rep at an event earlier this week -- he also told me that the IOB feature would not be changing.

He did tell me, however, that they are releasing a 40% smaller pod and cgm combo (contracts with both Dex and Nav) in 2 years. That might not be accurate either, but that's what he told me.

Sigh.

5. Rick

Rick Approved members

There is the NuMedics Diabetes Partner software for a fee ($9/month $72/year).
    I'm not sure if I like it better than the spreadsheet we've been using or not.

6. Tripper

Tripper Approved members

Does that software interface with the pod? They had a beta up for a few days and we used it, but they locked us out prety quick.

7. Tripper

Tripper Approved members

Is that after the Sept 2008 date I was given by my rep last year? :rolleyes:

Omnipods been great for us, but the website has become the last place I look for info. stale as a week old donut.

8. Rick

Rick Approved members

I went to the beta site recently, when I couldn't login in I choose "Forgot your Password?" The next time I loged in I had a 30 day trial. I can go to the beta site (Omnipodpartner.com) or the diabetespartner.com and login, I end up at the same page.
    The first time you download the PDM it downloads all your stored data, for us it downloaded back to Jan 3, 2009.The next download, downloads only the new data. So far it has been working fine with the dongle Insulet gave us.

9. Tamara Gamble

Tamara Gamble Approved members

I spoke with a rep this week and he told me that I should wait to get the pod because in the beginning of June they would be releasing the new pump and are predicting Feb 2010 for the pod itself being 40% smaller. He also told me that the new pump would have the new software for the computor.

Tami

10. slimJim

slimJim New Member

June for PDM...next year for pods

I am not using pods, but am researching it. I have been told by the local rep and was able to fish some info out of one of their phone reps at the 800 #. The company is trying to keep it under wraps to unload some of their old PDMs first. (they don't want to be stuck with the old stuff that nobody wants)

The new PDM is expected between May and July. Most likely early June before some big Diabetes conference. It will use Abbotts Copilot software, be a different shape, have a color screen, and a lighted test strip port. It will also be the PDMs that will be integrated with Dex in the next few years and Nav one year after that.

The new pods probably wont be out until next year.

11. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Knock on all the wood in the house!

12. M&M's mom

M&M's mom Approved members

13. Tripper

Tripper Approved members

14. Tripper

Tripper Approved members

I don't see any mention of Freestyle Light strips. Is the new PDM using the same Freestyle strips, requires coding?

15. Nelson

Nelson Approved members

Specs show that the new PDM still uses the FreeStyle, not the FreeStyle Lite strips. Bummer.

16. Tripper

Tripper Approved members

Got ours on order. Have 2 of the original PDMs, both with cracked lens.

So with 3 PDMs will I never lock the backup in the car and throw the primary in the trash as I did last month?:eek:

17. jet59or

jet59or Approved members

new PDA is here...

My son was shown the new PDA and was told he could get it if we ordered the omnipod and we were planning to order something in the next month or so. We are totally new to all pumps, so can't really give you any details - but my son was impressed with what it could do.