- advertisement -

Omnipod accessories?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brynn, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

Okay since I'm starting the Omnipod I will prob have tons of questions:

Does anyone have accessories that go with it? I see a lot of people wearing like arm bands, etc. Where do you get them and find them? I've looked online but can't find any that don't seem too childish.

Also, what can I use to carry the PDM on me? I work in a violent enviorment and the chances of my purse getting stolen are actually pretty high:rolleyes: its already happened twice in the past three months. Sooo, the PDM needs to stay on me.

Any suggestions would be great

2. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

These armbands aren't too childish to me(some of them anyway).

http://www.bands4life.net/category/all_all.htm

This is the place I get my son's PDM belts from www.toosweetboutique.net the lady who makes them is wonderful. I emailed her and told her I needed something that would hold PDM, multiclix lancet,test strips, and tabs for lows. She told me my options and walked me through the process.

I know she makes them for adults also but some of her kids fabrics are cute and not super childish.

http://www.toosweetboutique.net/item_17/Simply-Practical-ADULT-Insulin-Pump-Belts.htm

It looks like she isn't doing custom orders right now but you could email her and I bet she would let you know what your options are if you are interested!

Good luck!

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

You could use a Spibelt to hold the supplies. Plus the case that the PDM comes in has a belt loop on it, or the old one did at least, not sure about the new one as we use a different meter case to hold it.
    A small camera case would hold everything well and those normally have belt holders to wear on you.
    You might just need to try out some different items to see what works best for oyu.
    my daughter just uses a piece of a sock when wearing the pod on her arms.

4. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

The nice thing about the Spibelt is that you could wear it under your shirt if theft is that much of a concern.
    Amy does beautiful work at TooSweet as well!

5. MadeleinesMom

MadeleinesMom Approved members

We have one of the skins. It really protects the Pdm well. I dropped it a couple of times and was grateful it was protected. When it is on, the Pdm doesn't fit in the Omnipod case where it's supposed to go. I keep it in the zippered compartment on the other side. Also, I was worried that someone might think it's a smart phone (especially because of the skin) I put a sticker on it saying "this is a medical device. If found please call..."

6. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

We just use regular large wrist bands (sold in most athletic stores). Pulls them up over his arm and pod...even uses when he swims. He likes them because they are athletic name brands:)

7. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

We use part of a new sock. Cut out the section between the heel and the toe. We've found many socks with great patterns and designs at the dollar store.