advertisement

OMG The Weather!!!

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Scotty's Mum, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Scotty's Mum

Scotty's Mum Approved members

Time for a roll call with all this weather.

First it was the rain, then it was the wind, then it went back to rain, rain and more rain. We feel like we are ready to float away.:mad:

But to top it all off, this morning we woke to snow on the ground:eek:

Had enough of this. How is everyone else?

2. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Hi

Really really really really tired of all the rain! Time for spring/summer I think! I would rather wake to snow. Love snow! Used to love it in London when it snowed.

All the water has caused havoc with our phone line we think. Our phone has been playing up for about the past week or so - actually, since the last storm. We spent $80 on a new phone with no luck so we thought that maybe it was a thingy majingy that you plug both the modem and the phone into. (Don't ask me what it's called!). Spent $20 on a new one. Thought we had sussed it but still having problems. Finally phoned Telstra today and it is a line fault! $100 wasted! We are picking that water has got into it somewhere so now we are waiting for a technician to come and sort it. Played the diabetes card so hopefully it won't be too long.

You know that in a few months we will all be complaining that it is TOO hot!?

3. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Good Grief Di, Snow in Dannevirke :confused:
    Lots of rain here, the ground is waterlogged and muddy. Tonight I think we're going to get a frost as its down to 3.0 already. I don't mind frosts as long as we get a nice day after. But we need the grass to grow for all these lambs.
    Roll on Summer!

Too Hot Debs? NEVER!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Dianne, I saw the snow on the hills, and it was freezing, still is. Only 2 degrees at the moment.
    I'm so sick of the rain. My yard is a swamp. And my garage is like a chinese laundry. I've got twelve lines in there, and they're always full, with more waiting. Roll on sunshine.