- advertisement -

OMG, I'm laughing so hard..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Flutterby, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I went in to check Kaylee a little bit ago. When I walked in she was stirring a little bit... I said its mommy, I'm going to check you go back to sleep.. she mummble something and started looking around.. I told her again, go back to sleep.. she said no I need to get this and started grabbing at her sheets.. I couldn't figure out WHAT she was trying to get so I used the light on the meter to point, she was trying to pick the princess up off her sheet (its the pattern LOL) and then tried to pick up the side rail of her bed, and then went to the floor.. I said, Kaylee, lay down what are you doing.. "I'm getting this".. she's leaning over and looking under her bed.. then sits STRAIGHT UP and starts tapping me, feeling around for 'this' (whatever 'this is:rolleyes:) and then grabs the meter from me and puts the strip in her mouth tips her head back and starts to drink like it was a juice box.. OMG, I was laughing so hard I had to FIGHT her to get it back, trying to tell her it was the meter NOT a juice box.. I tested her, came back high, so rechecked her (since that strip was in her mouth:rolleyes:) again came back at 371.. told her to lay down and I'll get her water.. I'm laughing so hard, tears coming down my cheeks and DH asks whats up.. I told him.. he's laughing too and Kaylee is looking at us like WE are crazy:D we decide to wash hands and recheck (thinking of that story from this morning, although her number did match her sensor.. ) DH took her into the bathroom and she had NO IDEA where she was.. after some water, clean hands and another check (with the same number) she was 'with it' and went back to bed.. I know she won't remember this one in the morning:D But I sure will!!!! LMAO

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

That is too cute! There was a balloon "outside" on tv yesterday, so Ava had to go outside in the rain to go get the balloon.

3. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Are you sure Kaylee isn't my daughter?

My DH has a lot of hilarious stories he can tell about me in the middle of the night. I'm a major talker, walker, and goofy person in the middle of the night. :D

4. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

LOL!!:D I would have been dying laughing!!!

5. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

What a cutie pie! :D

6. ToddsMom

ToddsMom Approved members

Thank you, I needed a laugh.:D

7. Zac's Mom

Zac's Mom Approved members

Bless her heart- she will never live this down! It will be one of those remember when stories that you hear for the rest of your life.
    Gotta Love her!!

8. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

That is so funny. This is one of those stories that you will remember always. Thanks for the good laugh.

9. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

!!!! hahaha...... ROFL, you just got me off to a good start this morning!:p

10. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

ROTFLMAO!

That is classic!

11. robinseggs

robinseggs Approved members

What a cutie pie! We have had experiences like that in middle of night....where we are just SURE she is low by behavior ....but no, high! (and sleepy!)

12. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Too cute!:D

Actually, that's a pretty neat idea, a multi-tasking strip...gives juice when low!;)

13. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

that's so adorable..rye has talked to me in his sleep and pretends to eat glucose tabs but nothing as funny as this:D

14. ange_mom

ange_mom Approved members

I am laughing! David starts sucking in the night even when I haven't put a juice box in his mouth and I give him Smarties (like m&m's) and he tries to put them in his mouth when he hasn't taken them out of the bowl yet. Eating when you are sleeping is just not normal...and yet it has become so normal to us!

15. ClairesDad

ClairesDad Approved members

Usually if we have to give Claire something in the middle of the night it's a glucose tablet, or peanut butter crackers and milk. I just prop her up and she eats away with her eyes closed.

One night she was pretty low and we decided a juice box would be the best thing. We propped her up, stuck the straw in her mouth, and SLURP it was gone in just a few seconds. She started lying back down with the BIGGEST smirk on her face. She just looked so content and happy... like "this is how life should be!"

Don't like having to give her food at night, but little silly moments like this can definitely make you smile! :)

16. Rusty

Rusty Approved members

You guys are to funny. Thanks i really needed that little pick up this morning.

17. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

that is just so cute!!

18. caspi

caspi Approved members

That is just too funny - definitely one for the memory book! :D

19. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

Awwww, how cute!!! Thanks for making me laugh and smile!

20. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Sipping the meter straw - that was so funny! I'm glad you had a good chuckle too.

Amy