- advertisement -

older pump question.....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sammysmom, Jan 3, 2007.

1. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Is the minimed 508 a luer lock connection or is it the same connection as the paradigm??

shannon

2. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

I believe it is luer lock.

You can actually get reservoirs for all of the MM pumps that connect to a luer lock, and quicksets with a luer lock connection for non MM pumps too.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I thought MM was the only company that didn't have a luer lock.. they have their own set of reservoirs and infusion sets.. I thought they weren't compatable with the other pump companies.. am I wrong?

4. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

The older MM pumps (507, 508 etc) use luer lock sets. MM still makes them for those users, and people who use other luer lock pumps (cozmo, animas)
    All the MM Paradigm pumps (5XX and 7XX) use proprietry sets. They cannot be used with any other pumps.

5. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

I have reservoirs with a luer lock for our 522 pump. They are made by Applied Diabetes Research, Inc. and are called a THINSET. I have never used them, (so far I'm very happy with the quick-set) but they will work with any luer lock infusion set.

6. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Thanks, I thought it was luer lock but wasn't sure...I am sending some extra insets to someone in need with a 508...got confused there for a second!!
    thanks

shannon