advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Dexcom for sale?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by pumpgirl7999, Jan 26, 2016.

1. pumpgirl7999

pumpgirl7999 New Member

So this might be a long shot, but I was on the Very first Dexcom to ever come out a couple years ago. I have since stopped using it but I've lost the sensor :( I still have the transmitter and a ton of the applicators. I am in extreme need to be on a cgm again but I cannot afford to buy it and I don't have insurance. Is there anybody out there that knows how I could sell those items somehow? Thanks in advance. P.s- I already called the company and they said they couldn't take it for a discount.

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I'm not at all sure that selling something that required a prescription is even legal. And I suspect no one would be interested in buying an outdated Dexcom system when the sensors and transmitters are likely no longer being manufactured.

Isn't everyone in the US required to have health insurance? If you cannot afford it, have you looked into Medicaid (or whatever your particular state calls it)?

3. Just Jen

Just Jen Approved members

Tried to stay out of it but I can't.

Many millions can no longer afford health insurance. It is much more affordable for their families to pay the tax penalty than pay for "affordable" health insurance. CGM's aren't covered by medicare or medicaid. There have been many petitions and bills introduced to get them covered, but at this point in time they are not.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

the senors you have what model are they ? the post is confusing what parts do you have ?

5. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Are you talking about the "egg"? That's the receiver.
    The things you inserted, that you had to keep buying because that's what you throw away - those are sensors and they aren't manufactured anymore
    The thing you snapped into the sensor, that's called the transmitter

What are you looking for?

6. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Yes. Thank you, obamacare, for ruining our health insurance system. Our oop costs have tripled since it began, whereas they had remained unchanged for years beforehand. So much for taking care of the middle class.

But to address the original question, yes, selling something paid for by insurance is not allowed. If you paid For it oop, it might be ok to sell it. I don't know about someone else buying a prescription item without a prescription, though. It's a device, or durable medical equipment, not a medication, so I don't know if the rules are the same.

I wish I could be more helpful. Perhaps there is a local charity who could help you. Or maybe try crowd funding (gofundme.com or the like). Good luck! I hope you get your hands on a cgm soon.

7. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We need a "like" button.

+1