- advertisement -

ohhhh my day...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by chkpea, Nov 3, 2010.

1. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

well it started out wonderful, well sorta. D appt today and the printer decided to stop working last night so I had to rush to my dh's office to print this a.m. for the 10a.m. appt. Stop for a bite to eat for J as we had to rush my other son to school before J could eat. Guy in front of me tells the cashier that he is buying my coffee - she tells me this after he leaves - kinda strange but nice, then we get to the appt at 10 on the nose. I am expecting the worse because it has been a roller coaster of blood sugars but it turns out better than expected with an 8.3 a1c. Then we go out for lunch. Ugh. Blood sugar has risen a lot - but he had the flu shot so I am chalking it up to that Get home it has gotten worse. Pull site do a quick change correct and he is off to school - debated about keeping him home but he said he felt fine. He gets checked at snack and it has risen more - I take him home. Eventually it comes down. Then afterschool this mom starts talking to me - the kids are playing in the woods - an area where we go often and it isn't a large area - I tell them to stay in the woods - or if they want to come out to come to me - well this lady keeps talking to me - eventually I get away from her - to find the kids have crossed the creek bridge and gone to the park! it's not far but far enough. The little boy I look after slipped down the hill and hit his head, my two sons have gotten into a fight (tripping). We get home J decides to bite the other boy - very out of character - not just saying this. My older son is in a strange funk as well. Having my wine now. Woods are off limits and I will not be talking to any moms after school as I let my guard down. I really have to start journalling. And if anyone did read this - this is not a normal day.

2. Jessica L

Jessica L Approved members

lol sounds better than most every day here.

3. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

People do the coffee thing here to. I think it's the idea of passing on good karma. At my husbands drive through the barista told him that he was the 7th person in a row to buy the coffee behind him. They were loving it.

4. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

ha I like the coffee thing, it made me feel happy but the good karma seemed to stop there....I forgot to add that the cashier at the check out at the grocery store says "when are you due?" I thought she said "what do you do?" but the she repeated ....and guess what? I am not due anytime! and I run and go to a weight class 2 times a week....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

We could be related. That's like a normal day for me.:D

And about the weight thing - I had two guys let me in on the train in front of them because, as one said to the other "Let the pregnant lady in first.". I also got a seat. I never mentioned the one small detail about not being pregnant.:eek:

6. lynn

lynn Approved members

At least you got free coffee, eh?
    I remember being very pregnant for baby number five and bringing one of the other kids to the pediatrician. He asked me if I was pregnant. I told him that I was and that I was actually going to alert the office officially on my way out because it was getting close to my due date. He was so relieved! He told me that he learned early on in his career to be VERY sure that a woman was pregnant when he asked the due date of an unpregnant woman. He still gets nervous every single time he acknowledges a pregnancy for the first time.