- advertisement -

Oh the differance a year makes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CassiesMama, Dec 16, 2010.

1. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Just sitting here eating pizza with the family when it dawned on me that one year ago today I was sitting down in childrens hospital with my sweet girl wondering what life had in store for us. I was a wreck and had no clue who to turn to or if her life was going to be any good. Her diagnoses rocked our world and I clearly remember not being able to sleep for weeks at a time those first few months cause I was so scared for her. Oh how things have changed in just this one year. Now I dont panic like I did at the start over stupid little things, and things seam more normal, not like before but heck life was really never normal to begin with right :rolleyes: There are the day that still sucks but I feel so much more empowered now then I did then and part of that I owe to CWD, I know I am not a huge poster here but, it is my lifeline when we are having a bad D day and I just need to know that there are others in the same boat as us. Thank you all :D

Here's to many more wonderful healthy years to come, for my sweet girl. :cwds:

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Chrystelle youve done so well with Cass. Youve struggled as we all have to learn all the diabetes stuff. Youve come here and asked questions and made changes when you needed to and now your girl can sit and enjoy pizza with her family, outings with her friends and she can look forward to a busy, exciting and joyous life:cwds: Congratulations to you all.

3. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

We have you beat by one day :)

Yeah, it was tough in the beginning but it gets better all the time as we learn more and are able to deal with D more.

You made it through your first year (as did my family). way-to-go!!!