advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh, no!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CaitlynGrisham, Apr 15, 2012.

1. CaitlynGrisham

CaitlynGrisham Approved members

I stopped using my MiniMed CGMS for some time because my numbers were in a good range. Just recently I've found that my BGs are getting a little all over the place. I went to go set up a CGMS site, and, lo and behold, I've lost the transmitter!

I've had this pump for three years, and it's been a year since I've put in a CGMS site. I called Minimed, and they said that (because I lost it) they cannot cover a new one under my warranty. I called my insurance and they said that transmitters are not covered. I don't know what to do!

Is there some way that I can get a new transmitter without paying an arm and a leg? :confused:

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

The transmitter with minimed was only warranteed for six months when I bought it.

Ask insurance for a new CGM system; if they covered a transmitter in the first place, they'll probably pay for that, which will include a transmitter.