- advertisement -

Oh My, we just had a moment...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mojo's mommy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Mojo's mommy

Mojo's mommy Approved members

:( We just had one of those moments that I for one dread but know they are coming...

It was sensor change night and Courtney just dreads them. They don't hurt her because I always leave the Emla on for 2 hours minimum and I did her site change 3 minutes before and she did not flinch an iota..

I just sat and talked to her, tried to calm her and I could just see every hurt, pain, confusion, fear, the why me in her eyes. It just tore my heart from my body......

I hugged her so tight , She cried, I cried and the crappy thing is that neither of us feel any better..

:( I hate what this is doing to my little girl...

2. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I'm sorry Terry.
    You're not alone. It may not be today or tomorrow, but we too will have one of these days.
    I understand, and I feel your pain. :cwds:

3. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

:(:(:cwds:

Your daughter is adorable. I'm so sorry she and other kids have to suffer. It breaks my heart.......

4. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

I'm so sorry.:(
    The things we have to do to our kids just stink! It's not fair.

Emma never complained about site changes or injections when she was a baby, (which made me feel guilty that she was so used to being poked), but for the past year she has cried, screamed and fought almost every site change. Some days I can handle it and other days it just kills me.:(

(((Hugs))) :cwds:

5. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

I am sorry that your little girl has to go through this, BIG HUG.

we are new to the sensor thing and both my daughter and myself are scared of that big needle, and we us emla too. so far i only did 2 insertions by myself and i think jenny smells my fear:eek:

6. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Have you guys considered doing the insertion at night? Talk it over with your kids and ask how they would feel. Doing Hailey's after she falls asleep has reduced SOOOOOO much stress. I know it is not the best way to handle things but it works for us.