- advertisement -

Oh lookie here...another newbie!

Discussion in 'Siblings and Friends' started by Cool_Cuz, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Cool_Cuz

Cool_Cuz Approved members

Hello everyone!

My name is Jessi, and my baby cousin Zeb was diagnosed with type one diabetes earlier this year (he was around eighteen months old at the time, I think). In fact, his Mommy is a member here (Zeb'smom--very original :p )...that's how I found this place.

In alot of families, cousins are somewhat distant relatives. It's not like that in our family, though. It feels like Zeb and his elder brother and sister are my siblings....I love them so much. :) <3

I joined mostly because I'm trying to learn everything I can about diabetes, so that I can do anything I can to help. A nearby hospital has classes for family members about the whole deal...they teach you how to test blood sugar, give insulin shots, etc. I haven't found out the details yet, however, so I figured in the meantime I should do some independent studying. This forum seemed like a good place to start.

I really think I'll learn alot here, and look foward to reading your posts. ^_^

2. zookpr

zookpr Approved members

Welcome! How sweet of you to learn for your cousin!

3. Cool_Cuz

Cool_Cuz Approved members

Heh thanks. I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts on here. :D

4. margaret

margaret Approved members

Hi Jess, Zeb is sure lucky to have a cousin like you.
    Margaret

5. beckybuckley

beckybuckley Approved members

As a mother of a diabetic -- I can only say thank you so much for wanting to learn more about what your cousin is going through. Zeb's mom is lucky to have you -- she will really appreciate any extra help and someone to talk to that is informed. Great job!

6. marley

marley Approved members

I'm a sibling. I just watch and learn;)