- advertisement -

Oh joy, another Dexcom sensor failure

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by ecs1516, Jan 14, 2010.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

This time younger son. I was going to put a Navigator on him last night but said, "No, it would be nice to have the 2 hour warm up" Yikes

It just failed. Put it in last night at 8pm.

Before it failed , the graph showed going up to 350 , which he was not. They got to get this fixed if they would to control a pump with this.

2. Toni

Toni Banned

So many sensor failures.....:eek: I guess we will extend our Dexcom break. Where are they manufacturing these sensors?

3. jan123

jan123 Approved members

That is a bad way to start a weekend!:(I hope things improve.

Janice

4. Mouchakkaa

Mouchakkaa Approved members

We just had a sensor failure last night. This sensor lasted six hours. The sensor before lasted 14 days. It was still working but we pull it on the 14th day no matter what. I should had left it in. When we first started with the plus the sensors were great for the first six months. Now when we put on a new sensor we cross our fingers and hope it works.

5. e23nk

e23nk Approved members

We put one in on Wed..it was working great...pretty much right on with BG's then we got the dreaded ???. About 45 min later even better..Sensor failed.
    We go thru sensors like water.

I hate to keep calling them for sensor failures...but what else are we suppose to do?
    We have 4 replacements coming and since I called we have had 2 more that have failed...the one I mentioned and another that failed within a day.

6. abrayome

abrayome Approved members

Just wondering, how does Dexcom deal with these failed sensors? Do you get replacements?

I've gotten Abbot to replace a couple of failed Nav sensors when I can document the issue and call them right away. Fortunately it hasn't happened very often, we tend to stick with them until they work, and they eventually do.

7. Dan

Dan Approved members

Well the good news is that they replace them no questions asked...the bad news is that my son gets unnecessary scar tissue...

8. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

They replace them,but questions I do get.
    I usually send an email with the details of when it was inserted, when it failed, the message I got, patient info and the info from the sensor pkg. i.e. lot #, SN # and exp. date.
    All of these things I have had to answer when calling a rep. for replacement, so now I just send an email with the info. and I get an email back in a day or two letting me know they will replace it and to let them know if we have any more problems.

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I just call them, I download the Dex first. While on the phone I send the file to them through the Dex program. I get very little questions. They send out that day.

10. rickst29

rickst29 Approved members

Carol, that's THE classic symptom for "Dexcom death via blood poisoning". (The readings just go up, and up, and up... until you get "Sensor Failed".) Your site selection was probably just "unlucky", piercing a relatively large blood vessel. That's why they sent a replacement without asking more than a couple of questions: one look at the data file, and it was obvious.