- advertisement -

Officially headed to Manhattan for College

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by MrsBadshoe, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

YIPPEE!!!.

Connor has to audition for his college choices. He has 4 audition schools in Manhattan - NYU, Pace, Fordham and Marymount Manhattan.

He officially was accepted into the theater program for Pace......The acceptance rate is somewhere around 5-7% of those that apply....

I'm so proud and excited that he is definitely going somewhere.

We still have to hear from Fordham and Marymount regarding his auditions and if he gets in then he will get to have a choice, but to get just one - that is more then thousands of the other kids who auditioned with him ever get!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  2. selketine

selketine Approved members

That is fantastic news - congrats to him and to your family!:D

3. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

It is such a relief to know what school the incoming freshman will be attending. My son has been accepted to some of his schools, but they are lower on his list of preferred schools. He does have a place to go that is pretty good and is already thinking how to make this school work for him.

5. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Congrats! We know quiet a few performer friends of Jenny who either attend Pace or where accepted for 2012. The good thing about Pace is that you can audition for jobs during Freshmen year, while Tisch does not allow that. And if you book it, the school is very supportive. Even if you book a tour they offer online schooling, so you still can graduate with your class.

6. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

My oldest graduated from Fordham at Lincoln Center. She had a fabulous experience from the start. MidManhatten is an education in itself.

7. MrsBadshoe

That is definitely one of the pluses with Pace. Connor has an agent in NYC hence why he focused on schools in Manhattan. I think he'd like to have a choice but we shall see what happens with Fordham or Marymount....

The staff at Fordham was incredible during the audition Q&A....they really sold the school...

Fortunately, for Connor his sister is graduating from NYC Tisch this May and will be living in Manhattan after graduation - so he has a built in network already....

8. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Fordham is my sons number one college choice. I love the school and the location is great!
    We just went again yesterday for our third visit.

9. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Congrats!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  10. MrsBadshoe

Ok now he's gotten into Fordham and Pace....still waiting to hear from NYU (even though he won't attend - just wants to see if he made the cut) and Marymount Manhattan (audition isn't until March 17)

11. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

YAY for the schools recognizing talent!! :D

12. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Congrats on Fordham. Do they have MT there too? Or is he doing Drama? I know some Alvin Ailey dancers who attend Fordham. Congrats on the agent, that makes it a little easier. Is he sending him out a lot?

13. MrsBadshoe

I don't think Fordham has a MT track. Just a BA in Acting.

He's been sent on quite a few auditions over the last year but nothing yet....very frustrating but I guess patience is a virtue...LOL

14. linda

linda Approved members

Aweesome!!!!! Good Luck!! Em starting Rutgers in September!!! Lots to do!! :)