- advertisement -

Off to camp

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by PAULEEN, Jul 20, 2008.

1. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Hi All, Aaron is off to camp for the first time ever :eek: gone for 13 days. I am sure he will have a great time, but I am so nervous :eek: We dropped him off two hours ago (about an hour from our home)...I can't stop thinking about him. Not to mention, I have no idea what to do with this "free time" I have (and it's only been a couple of hours) :eek: But am lookin forward to a FULL nights sleep....

2. Ella's mom

Ella's mom Approved members

Pauline!! Enjoy your full nights sleep:cwds:

Hoping Aaron has a major good time at camp:D

3. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I'm sure he'll have a great time! Is it a D camp?

Get some sleep and then find some fun things to do....read a book, relax. Think back...surely you can think of things to do with all this extra time....besides reading the CWD boards!

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

You're more courageous than I'll be when my son goes to any camp one day :eek: (wondering if I could tag along :rolleyes:)

Anyway, he'll have a great time I'm sure.
    Try to sit back and enjoy some 'me' time for once!!

5. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Hi again, yes it is a D camp. Camp Nejeda in NJ. I've been trying to keep busy. Can't believe how much time I've lost since Dx :rolleyes: Thanks all for your kind words. StillMamamia - I'm not really brave it's killing me knowing that I'm not there. I just went along with it, because he really wanted to go. Just something us mom's do for our kids when it is something that they really want to do and is 'good' for them - we just grin and bear it:rolleyes:

6. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Hi Pauleen,
    I didn't want to send Alli to camp either but reluctantly sent her. The reason I did is because I met a man in his 40's who is a type 1 since 8 years old. He told me that at camp was the only time he really felt normal as a kid. And he said when he looks back that those are his fondest childhood memories!

So I sent Alli and she is still talking about it. Your son will have a great time!

Now go take a long nap!!!!!!:D Read a book or whatever you put off cuz you don't have time!:D Take some time for you in the next 13 days!:D
    Judy:)

7. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Pauline...You can come visit me! Seriously, let me know! :) I know you miss and worry but he will be fine and hes in good hands...do something for yourself and catching up on some relaxation sounds good! If you want to come down give me a call!