- advertisement -

Nurse gift

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sari, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Sari

Sari Approved members

Ok, with the holidays fast approaching, what do you give the school nurse as a holiday gift - if you give at all....

What if you aren't THRILLED with her? Do you still give?

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We give her a gift card - this year to Target. We love her, so I'm not sure exactly what we'd do if we weren't thrilled with her.

3. Caleb's*mom

Caleb's*mom Approved members

A small nurse Boyd's Bear? It's cute and something she can keep at her desk :)

4. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We always give homemade jam or homemade apple butter (I spent half the summer canning....) plus some chocolates or something like that.

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

A box of good chocolates. Maddie sees her rarely, but when she needs her, she's great, and she really keeps the teachers in the loop when need be.:cwds:

6. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

I read on a teachers website that they prefer gift cards...so that is what we are doing for the teachers and nurse also.

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I would give her a small token, thank you gift. Most prefer gift cards.
    We've had the same nurses since K and they are now considered friends, so we do something a bit more personal.

8. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

My DD's girl scout troop sells nuts in the fall. I buy enough for teachers, nurses, doctor's offices, etc. and use them for gifts. We also got our nurse a Target gift card.

9. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

We gave our school nurse a Thanksgiving gift -- of personalized stationery -- as we were going through the nurse's post-it note stocks at an alarming rate!

We will be giving her a small Christmas ornament for Christmas.

10. Kayeecee

Kayeecee Approved members

Our school nurse is one of the reasons I can send Spencer to school with peace of mind. We give her a very generous gift card at Christmas and again at the end of the year so she can get what she wants or needs.

11. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Best gift I ever gave a school nurse? (And we've had many over the last 8 years) was a School Nurse Appreciation Day banner ... it was huge! Every kid in the 3-5 school (over 700) signed it and wrote a note.:cwds: And moreover every parent, administrator and teacher saw this huge thing hanging outside her office and perhaps understood just how valuable the nurse's role really is.

But really, I think that any way that we show our appreciation, be it a gift card, a letter to the nurses supervisor, flowers, candy, baked goods, whatever... will be well received.;)

12. mom2two

mom2two Approved members

His teacher does all the 'D' stuff so we will do a gift card. We did a gift card to Target for THanksgiving, so I'll probably do a Visa gift card for xmas.