- advertisement -

Now the school says that my kid can't test at her desk in class because they have children in the sc

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by thebestnest5, Aug 31, 2012.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

how did she deal with menstruation ?

2. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Good point! Obviously the school administration is being difficult. What is the real reason they are against your child testing in the class room? Because I don't buy into the needle phobia kid. Are they concerned about blood born pathogens? Over used needles and lancets and proper disposal. Maybe they need an education in the matter.

I would call ADA for help in this matter.

My daughter always tested in the class room or anywhere needed. WE also supplied a biohazard sharps container and kept it under the sink in the classroom.

3. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

The multiclix doesn't make that much noise and if a child doesn't know what they are hearing then they shouldn't be scared. It seems the school is just tryng to justify their actions or policy. Definitely get ADA involved. To tell a kid that they can't test in the classroom because a child may or may not have needle phobia is just plain weird. Also the sound of the click may mean anything. And it isn't like the child with diabetes is going to stand up and announce that they are not going to test their blood sugar.
    The school is just trying to get out of providing accommodations it seems.

4. Lynnieg123

Lynnieg123 Approved members

Wow

Sorry you have to deal with this situation. It is total crap and an excuse for something else they aren't telling you. I am actually irrationally upset at that school and want to call and yell at them. :D