- advertisement -

Novolog v. Humalog

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by HopesDaddy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. HopesDaddy

HopesDaddy Approved members

Anybody have experience changing from Humalog to Novolog? What were your reasons and your results? We have switched to Novolog from Humalog for our daughter's insulin, and had sight failures, so trying to figure out if we are doing the right thing, or were the sets just bad/ unfortunate events.
    Thanks in advance!

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

We haven't switched...but from what I've read here, switching to Novolog has actually helped some families with absorption/set failure (clogging) problems.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We see essentially no difference between the two, although I think our sites last slightly longer with Novalog.

4. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

We have used both for Lilly~Novolog has worked better for us. With Humalog we had to change her site every 2 days but Novolog lasts 3+ days for Lilly & Ben.

5. Jake's mom in NC

Jake's mom in NC Approved members

better results with the novolog!

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Humolog crystalizes easier than novolog so maybe thats happening to you? I think more people have better success with novolog for pumping.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

This...which is why sites only last 2 - we tried Humalog for a few weeks but had no success.

8. sbsmith1804

sbsmith1804 Approved members

We were forced to switch from humalog to novolog in Jan. due to our insurance no longer covering humalog. WHAT A GREAT CHANGE IT HAS BEEN! The novolog seems to be working much better. DS has had great numbers and our sites last their 3 days as recommended!

9. HopesDaddy

HopesDaddy Approved members

Now at nine-plus days with Novolog and the results are------ FANTASTIC!!! We wish we had switched long ago! We saw the endo on Wednesday and told her what we had been seeing between the two insulins. Now we are sad for the people she told us about that have been pushed by insurance to Humolog from Novolog. My wife is really happy with how smoth Novolog is working, I don't think anyone could make her switch Hope back.
    Thanks for everyone's encouragement!