- advertisement -

Novolog is novolog.... right?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pam H, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Pam H

Pam H Approved members

We've changed pharmacies. My husband came home today with a "Novolog FlexPen" We've always gotten the "Novolog PenFill" before. The only difference I can see is that I can't dial the FlexPen to half units. Is there any difference in the actual drug?

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Nope, no difference in the drug. Just make sure it's plain Novolog not a mix (75/25).

3. gboysmom

gboysmom Approved members

I think what you may have is the regular pen where as you had been getting the refills for the jr? We had to make sure we got two of the junior pens since we use half units and the only place I could get one was at the endo office. :rolleyes:

4. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I've used the NovoFlexPen, it's the same as far as how the body uses the novolog- but I absolutely HATED it because it took more force to inject so the shots hurt more.

5. Pam H

Pam H Approved members

Since we need and use the half-units, and I read your note, Jonah (thanks for posting) I begged to exchange them and now am happy with the refills. :)

Thanks, guys, for your help.