- advertisement -

Not Sure How to Handle our "Friends" (LONG, LONG, LONG!)

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KarenRI, Jul 3, 2010.

1. gboysmom

gboysmom Approved members

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this...it's hurtful. I introduced two friends of mine and they became so close, that those two families run together 24/7. We all have boys the same age. It's very sad and heartbreaking to see your child get left out. I was trying to be strong. I was very upset about it all and didn't want to speak ugly of the other two women around him. Eventually I let go and so did Griffen. They live where we never run into them and that is just fine with me. I do miss the friendships, but like I said...I let it go. Hope it gets better for you. :(

2. LJM

LJM Approved members

Karen,
    I understand your pain. It just seems that people don't know how to behave well, KWIM?

Here's to you finding some good people in your life this summer (and Nate too).

3. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

As Sam likes to say---someone is going to get run over by the karma bus one of these days!!

I see a lot of moms like that who think it makes them better when their kids are on better sport teams, go to better camps, have private coaches, etc. My kid just happens to be an exceptional athlete, nothing to do with me, its all HIS ability. I did get a chuckle out of watching "those" moms at field day when Sam blew everyone away with his softball toss---they had no idea someone could actually throw a ball like that without being on the "elite" teams and having private coaches:p

I think those types of moms are just like the "men" who think they have more "junk" because they drive a truck with bigger tires or have a large dog:p Half of the bleacher moms are not exactly good role models for the kids in terms of healthy lifestyles;)

Wish there was something you could spray on the stolen garden items to make her think twice, but ex lax wouldn't work, or would it???

4. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

I'm not as nice as all of you. I'd call the garden picking neighbor out on facebook and act all concerned that she may have digested part of a science experiment. Then start asking a ton of conerning questions like - did it taste funny at all? And if she felt ok afterwards, that you don't think she got the squash that you were using human manure on...then tell her to stay the hell out of your garden. I have no shame. :p

5. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

ROFLMAO! I LOVE the way you think! And, this "friend" would deserve it.

Sorry you're having issues with the friends. Sometimes, it's better to walk away the better person. I'm a firm believer that what goes around comes around.