advertisement

Non invasive Glucose Meter - measures color of skin

Discussion in 'Glucose Meters' started by mamattorney, Sep 10, 2013.

1. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

2. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Sounds awesome! Maybe this one will actually get to the market.

3. mamattorney

Seriously - that's a big "if". I went to the website and their other product - a vital sign monitor sells for 600 euros. The Bg monitor is on pre-order. No price yet, but I imagine it would be comparable or more. Probably cheaper for insurance companies in the long run, but a bit too pricey for me to find a European friend to buy one for me to try it out.

4. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

It would be so great...but it would have to get WAY smaller for people to carry around with them! ;)

5. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

Hmm, reminds me of the Glucowatch (look it up). We were so hopeful that the noninvasive watch would be the answer. It had very limited success.

And, I agree that this is not a device one could carry around.

6. mamattorney

It is a little bulky for a pants pocket, but not that much larger than an entire kit (poker, strips, meter). Probably less of an issue for women - it'd fit in my purse no problem.

Did you watch the YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3gXVA2WN9A

I was procrastinating this morning waiting for a conference call to start and watched it.

I think insurance would jump all over it even at $1,000 - think of the savings off of strips over just the course of one year, but is it accurate? And it looks like it takes about 30 seconds to get a reading - not ideal for a squirmy toddler.