- advertisement -

Non-Endo Physician Face-to-Face Time?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kevin@diabetech.net, Jun 12, 2008.

?

How much time do you get to spend face to face with non-endo each quarterly visit?

1. Sometimes we don't get to see our physician

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Less than 5 minutes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5 to 10 minutes

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. 10 to 15 minutes

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. 15 to 20 minutes

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. 20 to 25 minutes

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  7. 25 to 30 minutes

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  8. More than 30 minutes

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. kevin@diabetech.net

kevin@diabetech.net Approved members

How much time do you get to spend with your non-endo physician at each quarterly visit? If you see an endo please do not answer this poll (but feel free to comment) since this would be a different category of time with your diabetes endo.

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son sees his pediatrician for an annual checkup each year. It usually lasts about 20 minutes, but we don't discuss diabetes much.

3. TracieandJim

TracieandJim Approved members

.......Ditto.............

4. musicjunkie

musicjunkie Approved members

same here.

5. Kaileen

Kaileen Approved members

We go for annual check-up and when the kids are sick. Our doctor was the one who originally diagnosed Deirdre, so she automatically takes that into consideration for everything. She is a godsend.

6. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

We just got back from our quarterly clinic visit. We see a ped who specializes in diabetes care. He spends less time with Aaron of late than other kids because he's doing so well -- kind of laughed today and said, well, I wish I could be more help but there's nothing broken here so I can't fix you! We also spend time with the dietitian and the nurse, so probably 40-45 minutes overall. Usually we just chat about any questions that have come up, etc., but today they talked about drinking which I really appreciated . And then we talked about driving, since Aaron wants to get his license. They are GREAT there.

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

We see the pedi annually for a physical and in between as needed. She always asks about D but doesn't dwell on it.

We've had the same pedi for almost 17 years and Tom's never had anyone else.

~~Becky~~

8. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

5-10 minutes for us. sometimes it's annoying, like when I actually have concerns about an important health issue, but otherwise the quick in-out is great.