- advertisement -

Non D related Billing question

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Kaylas mom, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

So my youngest son sees an immunologist, his office visits are covered by the same state program that covers Kayla's D care. So our primary covers first and the state covers our copays. I had a bill for $80 because they hadn't submitted for two appts to the state program yet and then I get a bill for $35.85 after a medicaid payment of $44.15. Now.. correct me if I am wrong but they can't bill me for the difference, right??

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

I believe they can. When you sign on the line, you agree to pay whatever the insurance doesn't pay. I have had to pay after our primary insurance has paid and the state insurance doesn't cover the rest. I would recommend calling though because it is probably a billing issue, especially if it was a doctor appointment. The times I have had to pay anything was for tests or prescriptions.

3. Kaylas mom

I called the person that deals with the state insurance, she said no, they can't do this. I called the dr's office and they said, yes.. we can because they only paid 4 dollars of your $40 copay. ummm.. so, now I am waiting to hear from the actually billing director to review it from the dr's office and call me back.

4. peruvianpasohi

peruvianpasohi Approved members

if you do not pay they cannot collect but if you pay it will take a lot of work to get the money back. call your medicaid fraud control and see what they suggest

5. MommaKat

MommaKat Approved members

If they accept medicaid, and agreed to use medicaid to cover as secondary then no, they cannot balance bill you for anything. Contact your medicaid billing people about it, because they do need to get involved in order to prevent it from being reported as a delinquent bill.

6. lynn

lynn Approved members

I wouldn't worry about it. If medicaid paid SOMETHING then I think they do have to accept that. The problems I run into are when medicaid refuses to pay anything at all. I'm glad the billing director is looking into it for you.

7. Kaylas mom

They got back to me and said it was in error, that we don't owe anything and we should have never gotten a bill. Whew, glad I questioned it. Not that $35 is a big deal but somewhere down the road the amount could be bigger.