- advertisement -

"No Significant Pattern Detected"

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lizzie's Mom, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

"No Significant Pattern Detected"

Looking at the past 60 days on the Dexcom software and it tells me that :rolleyes:.

It is the sum of unpredictable and random puberty highs and lows, is it not?! :p

It found one pattern of high trending, between 11:30 and 11:45 pm. 15 stinkin' minutes . . .

Don't get me wrong - LUV Dex and the info it gives me to make adjustments - especially for basals and trends high or low.

Just struck me funny tonight . . .

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I can relate. :rolleyes:

And it is funny.;) Oh, the "good" old days...

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

The only time it's observed a pattern for us was based on ONE reading. That's not exactly a pattern. But, I'm about to look for my own pattern because I've been getting alarms between 4 & 4:30 recently that I'd like to eliminate.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Huh. I had no idea the Dexcom software detected patterns. I really need to figure out how to download this thing....

5. swellman

swellman Approved members

1. Install Software
    2. Plug in Dexcom

:p

EDIT: http://www.dexcom.com/dexcom-studio

6. hawkeyegirl

You actually left out the most time consuming step:

1. Locate Dexcom software that is somewhere in my house.

7. swellman

swellman Approved members

Nope, I don't think, I provided the link to the download.

8. hawkeyegirl

Stop shooting holes in my excuses!!!

9. Mish

Mish Approved members

I also don't understand the pattern thing. I look at the chart and see highs and lows everywhere and it spits out nothing - or maybe one pattern based on one day. I don't get how it works. LOL.

Or we just confuse it too much. ;)

10. Lizzie's Mom

One thing that I have noticed is that if I make use of the number of days option on the Dex software (some pages give the option of weekly, monthly, or quarterly displays; other pages offer days 1-30, then 60 and 90 days, with the ability to narrow the view to 1, 2 or any number of days between 1 and 30) on the pages offered, I can filter out a lot of information and pinpoint where I need to make basal changes.

Patterns are still few and far between right now; last night I was giving her a couple of tablespoons of syrup and turning off her basal for two hours for a stubborn low; tonight I've given her nearly 9 units in corrections for a stubborn high; both between 4 and 6 am :cwds:.

Diabetes certainly keeps us on our toes, yes :cool:?

11. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

The pattern of lows I was looking for around 4 a.m.: It looked like it was there most of the time, but I decided to observe another night before changing anything. Beautiful straight line all night. How often does THAT happen?:rolleyes:

12. Mish

Mish Approved members

Thank you for making my nights feel better. Same thing here. One night, corrections all night. One night low.

13. Lizzie's Mom

Figured out what happened those two nights. It's been so long since she's had a cold it took me a while to make the connection. When she gets sick, I've noticed that she'll have a night of lows followed by a 36-48 hour period of very resistant highs. Sure enough, runny nose, no fever, but definitely a bit of a cold and that night of lows was followed by resistant highs.

Pulled up stats on the Dex software again tonight and had to crack up. Here's what I got for patterns for the last seven days:
    Nighttime lows: 1 found - Most significant pattern of lows found between 1:50am and 2:15 am.

Nighttime highs: 2 found - Most significant pattern of highs found between 12:00am and 2:10am.
    Alrighty then.

Next week, sniffle-free glucose readings should give me some better data :p.