- advertisement -

No longer with Medtronic

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by HERMSman, Apr 29, 2011.

1. HERMSman

HERMSman Approved members

For those of you that knew me you know I was a Commodity Manager for Medtronic Mimimed. Today I was laid-off in a restructuring. :eek: Any future posts from me will relate to my personal use of diabetic products on a personal level.

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

I am VERY sorry to hear about this. I hope you are snapped up by a great company and given twice the salary.

You are certainly one of the nicest and most helpful - and interesting - people I've met that work for MM. Your posts have actually made me interested in MM again (at least the cgms) and it is a shame they are choosing to lose such talent. That is certainly another negative in my book for them. (The other person I really liked that worked for MM jumped over to Animas awhile back - it does make me wonder....) The MM fellow I talked to at the CWD conference was like a used car salesman - LOL!

Did you have any idea this was coming? You'd think with their new products they'd be expanding if business was good....

** edited to add on a personal level - if you want to go work for Abbott maybe you'd be the ONE person in the entire company that could explain WTF they are doing with the Navigator... ;-)

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Sorry to hear that for the info you've been so good to share as well as on a personal level. It is such a difficult time for so many people. Hope its a very short layoff and you find something great. Good luck.:cwds:

4. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

oh wow, I"m so sorry to hear this! I hope you do find another job quickly and painlessly.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that. I always appreciated your input and insight on their products.

I hope you find a new job quickly.

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Ack, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your job search is quick and easy.

7. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I'm sorry to hear that as well. Best of luck to you in your job search.

8. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I too have appreciated the information you have shared. Wishing you much luck and success in finding a new job.

BTW, are you on Twitter - would like to follow you there as well.

Best,
    Ellen