- advertisement -

no health insurance, need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBadLuck, Aug 3, 2006.

1. MrBadLuck

MrBadLuck New Member

im pretty sure i have diabetes and want to get checked out asap. i work part time and can't get insurance from work, what are my options? i live around boston, ma if that helps. if u need more info, let me know. also did i do any harm to my body if say i had diabetes for 1 year and did nothing about it? thanks.

2. Tamara Gamble

Tamara Gamble Approved members

Hi, From what I have read, the Joslyn Center is in Mass. I would call them. I think you need to set up a doctors appt. and get a yes or a no. Diabetes is not something to mess with it can cause a multitude of damage if not found and treated correctly. A standard office visit is usually not that expensive and they can do your blood work there. Once you are diagnosed you need to talk to your county office and doctor to see if you may qualify for a state/federal health plan. There are more people here with more information but don't put that appt off. It can mean life or death. Tami

3. JasonJayhawk

JasonJayhawk Approved members

Yes. If you have it, you'll be amazed at how much better you feel after treatment.

4. CDoyle1013

CDoyle1013 Approved members

Can you qualify for Medicaid? or is there a state health insurance program?

I do think that large diabetes care facilities, like joslin, do make provisions for indigent care? Does not hurt to call.