- advertisement -

No delivery alarm

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Cabins Crue, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Cabins Crue

Cabins Crue Approved members

Hello.. we just got a new "recertified" pump From Minmed. Because his old pump the screen was disappearing.. Now we are getting "no delivery" alarms all the time. We never had any problems with his old pump.. or sites.. we use the sure-t in the back of his arm.. any suggestions or help would be great.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Well, we were very happy SureT users for about 18 months, and then they just stopped working for us. Same thing as you - constant "No Delivery" alarms. We worked with MM troubleshooting everything we could think of. They even replaced his pump, even though they didn't think that was it, and it turned out not to be.

We switched to Silhouettes, and the problems simply stopped. I have no explanation, but there are a couple of other people on the board who have had this issue with SureTs.

ETA: I just wanted to say that I was sorry that you're having this issue. I know how incredibly frustrated I was when we were going through this. :(

3. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

I never had an issue with sure-t's and we've been using them for almost three years. However, we do use Novolog in the pump. I have heard that some insulins tend to crystalize more frequently in the tube.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I had this issue with one particular batch of sure-Ts. I called MM, they replaced all the boxes I had in this lot, and the new ones worked fine. :)

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We tried different lots, and even tried the "redesigned" SureTs once they came out earlier this year. And we use Novalog. I hope you find a solution, because I know how bummed I was to have to switch, but we couldn't figure this out, and couldn't tolerate the "No Delivery" alarms every 12-24 hours. He'd obviously not been getting basal for a while by the time it would alarms, and it was a BG disaster.

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We had a similar experience with our Cozmo and insets, but I think we just had a bad box of sets. Sorry I don't have anything more definitive. It is frustrating and worrying.:(

7. Cabins Crue

Cabins Crue Approved members

thank you all for you comments.. I am thinking maybe we did get a bad batch of Sure-T's. And yes.. it is very frustrating.. especially when he is at school.. and the nurse has to deal with it.:).. Thanks again

8. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

Hello,

I just wanted to add that we were in the same boat as you. We had a couple months of problems with our MM 522 and Sure T's. No Delivery alarms and unexplainable highs. Tried Sure T's out of different boxes/lots, same problems. We are now in our second week using Silhouettes and haven't had one issue. Believe me, not a Sure T hater here, hated to stop using them, but I'm pretty sure that was our culpret. I can't explain why they stopped working for us but I believe that's what happened. Best of luck, I hope you find whatever solution works for you soon!

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Just wanted to say, the sets I was having issues with before had lot number 4262811. Paula was having problems too, and hers had the same lot number.