- advertisement -

Nightscout up and running...BUT

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I'm probably just bleary eyed from watching the videos and setting up, but I cannot seem to find how to access the data on a iPhone. I have to say the videos were a life saver, along with the chart to write everything down.

So, can anyone point me to where I can find out how to access data on iPhone?

2. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

I might be misunderstanding the question, but all data is accessed and viewed via web browser (Safari for iPhones). Simply plug in the IP address into the address bar of your browser. Other than that, the data can be accessed using a Pebble.

3. Beach bum

I was wondering if there was an app, but have since found out the app is for businesses and institutions, not personal:(
    muss, will just have to use a browser

4. Beach bum

lol, and now the specific link is showing anything on the page, just white.

5. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

All things Nightscout I just post a question on the FB page. I typically get a few good responses quickly.

6. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

You will use your browser on your phone to access your azure site. Typically, folks have set up the www address like this <USERNAME>.azurewebsites.net the <USERNAME> is what you have set up your acct with. Did you get through the part of updating the preference on the uploader phone? You will have to enter your mongolab info there and the name of your database. I picked CGM like the video suggested. There isn't an app for your phone to access the online info, only the uploader phone uses an app to upload your DD's # to mogolab. Your Azure site pulls info from mongolab. Have you checked mongolab to see if it is pulling data from the uploader phone? If no data is coming in the site will not show anything. Also, triple check your mongolab data string on the uploader phone is correct.

NightScout has a troubleshooting page that asks questions and based on your response it helps you figure out what is the glitch might be. Another great place to ask questions is the NS Facebook page. Good luck! I promise ALL the time spent setting this up and the hair pulling is so worth seeing the your sweet T1's # online!! :cwds:

7. Beach bum

Yes, fixed the <>. It was hard to see in the video! Now we are up and running BUT the website is saying it's currently unavailable :( Others are saying they can't upload, so I'm hoping it's rectified soon. DD going to sleepover tomorrow and I'd love for her to have this with her.

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

did you get it up and running before the sleepover?

9. Beach bum

Yes, it was a glitch with website. Worked fine until dd unplugged phone to charge and forgot to plug back in. Oh well. She still had cgm. Now trying to get Pebble running.
    So what I'm finding that while it's helpful, we don't need it all that often. So I wonder if it's really worth the effort. I know many who will benefit from it though. It could just be I'm fed up and frustrated!