- advertisement -

Nightmare this last Friday

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by deafmack, Jun 23, 2010.

1. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I have already posted some of the details on facebook but have not had a chance to post here. Last Friday morning I found my Sister on her bedroom floor by the closet passed out. My Mother called 911 and they came and took her to the hospital closest to us. After running several tests including a CT Scan they sent my Sister back home still unconscious, saying nothing was wrong. We called 911 again and they took her to another hospital where she has been since late Friday afternoon. She is doing better and we are waiting for a rehab placement. It seems she had a stroke in the behavior center of her brain. She had one in the same place
    2 years ago. She is a 2 time cancer survivor and has progressive brain damage as a result of the treatments for primary brain cancer. (The cancer has been in remission for several years) The progressive braind damage is the result of radiation and chemo on her brain. While this is happening I am also taking care of my Mother who has scleroderma, gastroparesis and pulmonary hypertension and is on oxygen full time. I have been so busy I have not had much time to sit down and post what is going on.
    It has been a very hectic last several days to say the least.

2. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

I'm sorry you and your family are having such a hard time. I can't believe the hospital sent your sister home unconscious! Anyway, take care and God bless.

3. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

wow i can't believe the hospital sent her home when she wasn't even conscious. I will be praying for your sister's health.

4. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

That is unbelievable!! Are they asking for a lawsuit? Sorry your family has to go through this ... (((((Hugs)))))

Crystal

5. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Sorry to hear about this, that's just terrible. I hope you find some time for You, soon. Will say a prayer for your sister and your family.

Take good care of yourself, too.

6. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Sorry, I don't know how to "quote"

Sister back home still unconscious

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!
    How did she get home? Did they send her back via ambulance?

I would call someone in the hospital and make a formal complaint.

This is just crazy!

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

How stressful and tiring this must be.
    Prayers for you, your sister and family.

8. Mom2Will

Mom2Will Approved members

((((Deafmack))) you'll get through this, we are here for you. I can't imagine how scary that must have been. Glad you were there for her. Hang in there.

9. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I am so sorry for what you're dealing with. You will all be in my prayers.

10. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Sorry you guys have so much on your plate right now.. Will be thinking of you..

11. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Oh my!:eek:

Lots of prayers coming your way. Hope things improve fast, and your able to take care of yourself.

Michelle

12. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

so sorry, many hugs to you!!

13. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I have to agree on the OMG with sending her home still unconsious! And I hope she recovers quickly. You really have your hands full.:(

14. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this...

15. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I am so very sorry :( I will be praying for you and your family.

16. Noel

Noel Approved members

So sorry to hear about this.....keeping good thoughts for all of you...

17. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I am so sorry this happened. And I am mad as hell at that hospital that sent her home uunconscious. If it were me, I would get an attorney.

18. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

WOW, I'm sorry to hear of the struggles with your sister and your mom, that is so scary! I can't believe they'd send her home like that.. Glad you guys called 911 again..

I'll keep your family in my thoughts.. don't forget to take care of yourself too!

19. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers and words. Yes the first hospital really dropped the ball on this one. Now my Sister is in a rehab facility. She was moved today and the facility is close to home so that will make it easier for us. I know she wants to come home but she needs to get stronger first.
    Right now I feel like I am walking a tightrope and juggling at the same time. with taking care of my D, taking care of Mom with her medical issues and dealing with my Sister. And I know you all understand.

20. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Lots of ((((Hugs)))) and prayers for you and your family. I too, would get an attorney for that first hospital, because I sure wouldn't pay for any bill that came from them and they should pay for the second ambulance trip as well, since they are the ones that caused you to call a second time.