- advertisement -

Newly diagnosed teen - study recommendation?

Discussion in 'Research' started by jet59or, Mar 8, 2011.

1. jet59or

jet59or Approved members

Have a friend of friend whose 15 year old son was just diagnosed. Brings back lots of bad memories, but I know she will need a lot of positive support. I wanted to ask her if she is interested in a honeymoon study as our son had such a great experience as well as superior care during his. If you could choose a few to go with - what would they be? Thanks!

2. joshualevy

joshualevy Approved members

3. Enddiabetes

Enddiabetes Approved members

Dear jet59or: A very good source of information is the website I list at the bottom of this. You put in the child's date of birth and when diagnosed and it lists all the available clinical trials he could participate in. For kids who are out over a year, there are very few. For newly dianosed, particularly less than 90 days, there are quite a large number. He/his parents can click on studies, get in touch with either the doctor or person running the study, and go from there. They are very responsive. Johua Levy's cite (listed by him in his response) is a very good source as well.

https://trials.jdrf.org/selfreg/