- advertisement -

Newest Software Update t:slim

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by obtainedmist, Mar 7, 2017.

1. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Hello All,
    Just wanted to know if anyone has actually downloaded the updater and done this update. We were sent the email with the ID number...but I wasn't aware that we had an update-able pump (it's from 10/2014). Has anyone done this and what has your experience been? The pump has been great and DD has no complaints so I wonder if it's necessary. I was a bit freaked out about the caution to have long acting and syringes on hand in case there is a problem. I'm also a bit nervous about updating from the computer for a medical device. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

ok trying this reply again :) We also got the e-mail up the update. I believe it's so the pump will do reverse corrections. That is something i really did miss going from animas ping (that did do reverse corrections) to the Tslim pump. Ashleigh stopped using the tslim about 7 months after starting it, and has been back to MDI for 20 months now. I asked her if there was even a slim chance she'd return to the Tslim, because if there was i'd update the software. She said no. That if she did decide to return to pumping she'd just use the animas ping pump. So i just deleted the email and didn't bother with the update. They most likely have to say have long acting available, it's probably a liability thing. You should always have long acting as a back up anyway in the event of a pump failure.

3. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

My daughter updated her pump a few months ago. She was chosen as a participant in the beta trial. We did have a small issue during the download, but tech support was great & we were up & running again within minutes. Along with the reverse correction, there are changes to the cartridge fill process (you can pre-fill), the button shapes have changed, you can enter a manual bolus in units directly in the bolus screen, & the screen is actually easier to read. I dont recommend updating on a weekend. We were told tech support for the update is only available weekdays.

4. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I updated last night and had no issues with the update. Good luck!

5. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it! For now, DD is going to pass. She is due for a new pump in Oct. 2018 and will wait for all the extras until then. I'm hoping that just maybe, t:slim will have their closed loop system out then. Fingers crossed!