advertisement

Newcomer to FFL

Discussion in 'Friends for Life' started by aleasa23, May 3, 2012.

1. aleasa23

aleasa23 Approved members

Hello All,
    I am going to FFl for the first time this year,and I'm pretty excited!!!!!!!!.I would like to know everyone's experience or anything you can tell a newcomer.....what to expect,sessions,and anything else that comes to mind.I will be 19 by the time that I go so I will be on the college age and adults track.I am also going by myself because I got a scholarship from The Diabetes Scholars Foundation:D...which is awesome in itself...but again any tips or tricks or anything would be helpful!
    Quick question:What do we get at the registration desk?
    And how does the Pump trials work?:cwds:

2. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

We have been going to FFL with my son Jesse-who is now 20. This will be our 10th year.. IT IS WONDERFUL !! the sessions are so informative- There is a large group of young adults now... they've all grown up .
    friend me on facebook, Stacey Nagel.. and I'll add you to the FFL 2012 page.....
    Never did a pump trial, but I do know that you need a doctors prescription,,, then you get to wear the pump for a couple of days with saline....
    The registraion packet is filled with info, etc... and you get a T shirt.
    My family has been volunteering soince the first year....
    Its a great experience...

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

The college age/adult track is more new - although there have always been adults with type 1 going to the conference since much the info is relevant no matter the age. It is great to see their offerings expanding.

I'll also add to plan some time to spend in the exhibit hall. Most of the major diabetes companies are there with their products and reps. There are a lot of freebies to pick up (I still have tabs from last year - a few left - ha ha!).

The best part is just meeting all the people so make sure you go to any receptions for newcomers, etc. that are planned out for you. Bring good walking shoes!

4. aleasa23

aleasa23 Approved members

ThanKs for all the feedback.I'm getting more excited as the days go by!!! I will def bring comfortable shoes.:cwds:

5. JennyVSD

JennyVSD New Member

Prepare to get no sleep since you'll be having too much fun to sleep:) At the registration desk you get wrist bands branding you as diabetic, the program, food tickets for the banquet, and a couple other papers...and your first tshirt of your new collection:) I'm 23 and have been working at FFL for 5 years :)

6. dragonblimps_mom

dragonblimps_mom Approved members

My biggest tip, bring a sweater or light jacket. Something that you can carry around and put on/take off as needed. The air conditioning it turned all the way up and it can get pretty chilly in the meeting rooms.

This will be our eighth FFL! :)