- advertisement -

Discussion in 'Grandparents' started by Noahsgrammy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Noahsgrammy

Noahsgrammy New Member

My 8 yr old grandson, Noah, was diagnosed one month ago. We are still in shock, I think. We are trying to learn and grieve the loss all at once. Currently, we are in the process of changing endocrinologists because we aren't getting the help we need from the medical team. We are overwhelmed and sometimes I keep thinking I am going to wake up from the most horrible nightmare I've ever had and it will be all over. But I know it's real...so I stay strong for my daughter and grandson. We are VERY close to our grandchildren. Noah has a sister who is 18 months old. Our daughter and GS lived with us until he was 2 1/2 and I cared for him while my daughter worked until he started school. Then I kept him after school till last year when our GD was born and my daughter quit work. He has always been such a huge part of our lives and now we are learning everything we can to care for him. He stays with us often and I wouldn't dream of not knowing how to take care of him! Grandparents...it's hard but it's worth every moment to learn what you need to learn and to b a help to your children! They are struggling and suffering too and us grandparents have a unique opportunity to carry some of the burden! It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Welcome to this site. There are several grandparents who post and are involved with their child's life.

Perhaps someone else from your area will respond with a recommendation for an endo. West Texas is a pretty large area -- you could be in El Paso or Lubbock.

3. Noahsgrammy

Noahsgrammy New Member

Endo

Thanks Amy. We are actually going to Scott and White in Temple. 325 miles but worth it to see an incredible endo named Stephen Ponder who also hasmT1