- advertisement -

New to this Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by runnersmom, Dec 4, 2009.

1. runnersmom

runnersmom Approved members

Hi, my 17 year old daughter was just diagnosed in July. She is on the Animas pump now and is doing very well. She is a senior in high school and a very talented distance runner. I would love to find other parents in a similar situation to trade advice and info with.

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hello and welcome:) Im sure you will find many parents in here of active teens. Glad she is doing so well

3. MTMomma

MTMomma Approved members

Just wanted to say welcome. I wish I had information for you about the long distance running but most of the activity my son does is in shorter bursts. He has been involved in many sports and his favorite is football. I think it is great your daughter loves to run. Some of my runner friends say that when they run every thing else goes away. Great stress relief I imagine. You might want to ask about manging the D when running in the area where parents post. I think there are many people who are looking in that posting area more often than in introductions. I am glad you found this site. I helps me to feel more empowered and has given me hope. Please keep posting and again welcome.

4. runnersmom

Thanks for your kind words. What is the title of the area you said to post in?

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

You can post in the section "Parents of children with type 1 diabetes" Youll find lots of parents of athletic teens there Im sure

6. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Welcome. My son is 17 a senior and also on the Animas pump. However, the farthest he runs is to the fridge to grab something to drink. :eek:

7. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

Is she running this time of year? How is it going?
    My daughter plays softball, and she has done very well figuring out what works for her. But just because it works once..the next time can be different!

8. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Hi and welcome! This a great place for support and information. I have 3 daughters, 16,15, and 10. The younger 2 have type1, and are both on Animas pumps. I just completed a marathon yesterday (St. Jude's) so we have a lot in common! Looking forward to getting to know you!

9. sooz

sooz Approved members

Im new here too, but I just wanted to add my welcome!

Susan

10. runnersmom

She just finished her cross country season and did very well. She had one race where high BG was a factor and did not do as well as in other races. She is about to start winter track and now that she's on the pump, hopefully she will be able to control her BG better.