- advertisement -

New to the site- need some help finding a new peds endo for my cousin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by reader_gurl, Jun 7, 2014.

1. reader_gurl

reader_gurl New Member

Hi all,

Just joined today. My sweet little cousin who is 3 was diagnosed about 2 months ago. I am a family NP who works in wound care and diabetic limb salvage up north but type 1 and pediatrics is hardly my specialty. My cousin and her husband are feeling rather overwhelmed of course and I am helping them find resources and info.

They live in Northern Alabama and had been referred to Vanderbilt for his care but they have had some fairly negative experiences both with the physicians and with the dietitians whose advice I also found to be less than stellar.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for some other providers in the Northern Alabama/Nashville/Franklin TN area? I found a group at UAB in Birmingham that seemed like they are good, but I am up in the Northeast trying to do research.

In my experience, a place like this can be extremely helpful with searches like ours.

Thanks in advance!
    Kara