- advertisement -

New to the Forum!

Discussion in 'UK' started by MH777, Apr 18, 2011.

1. MH777

MH777 New Member

Hello,

I didn't know we had a forum here. I've been on the UK mailing list but finding it really not user-friendly - I much prefer a forum!

I'm Michaela, mum to Samuel who was diagnosed with type 1 at 11 months old. He's now 5 and a half. He's on MDI - Levemir and Novorapid, but we're desperately trying to get a pump for him. Unfortunately we're in Scotland where pumps seem to be unheard of, but we're working on it!

Also mum to 2 other children, and I home educate all 3!

Michaela

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Welcome -- even though I am in the U.S.

I always understood that UK residents are pointed toward the mailing list. I never heard anyone say they didn't care for it.

This entire forum has a lot more traffic than a mailin list. I am not sure how many folks are from the UK though.

Folks tend to cross post which is why I am posting in the UK section!

3. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Welcome Michaela. It is sometimes good to have posters everywhere - means if you are up at late at night it is likely someone has popped on who is fresh - in another time zone.:) Hope you can get a pump - why are they not happy about providing one? Doesn't make sense does it! If you need some help accumulating reasons for getting one - just start a post about that. I am sure everyone has links to studies etc. giving the positives.

4. Alba37

Alba37 Approved members

Hi Michaela

I am here too, although I can forget to check the UK part of the forum as it's generally pretty quiet : ( Just thought I would say hi :D

Liz, the problem in Scotland is because of our great NHS (National Health Service) who don't want to spend money on pumps when they can just prescribe injections which are cheaper! They don't care about quality of life or long term benefits! :mad: They don't have enough money to go round so they try to cut corners.

Aileen :cwds: