- advertisement -

New to site but not diabetes.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by dreamer, Jul 22, 2013.

1. dreamer

dreamer New Member

Hi everyone, i just wanted to say hey and give a little biography. People around where i live in wyoming call me dreamer but my name is cheryl. Im 17 years old and have had diabetes for 4 years. Last december i was diagnosed as bipolar after a very rough couple years since i have had diabetes things with my family have gone downhill dramatically. In 2011 I attempted suicide by overdosing on my insulin i spent over a week in the hospital in critical condition nobody thought i would pull out of it and if i did i would be on heart medication for the rest of my life luckily im not.if anyone wants to know more just ask and id be more than glad to anawer any questions.

I joined this site hoping to make friends as i am the only one i know with typw one diabetes. And i didnt know where to post this so i hope here is fine. Please no one attack me i know what i did was wrong thanks dreamer.

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Welcome to this site!

There are a couple of other people around your age who post regularly. You can offer personal experience in living with diabetes.

I am glad you are getting treatment for bipolar. I understand this can be tough to manage and then the fluctuations in the blood sugar don't help much.

I hope things improve with your family.

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

4. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

I'm so glad you are here! I know exactly how you feel...managing this disease can be very lonely :(. But, as I plan to explain to my son (when he's a bit older)...you never know when your experience you've gained from managing this disease will help you to change someone else's life! I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am by people with Type 1 Diabetes. There are no words to express how courageous and determined you are! Hang in there!