- advertisement -

New to CWD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SPS, May 3, 2011.

1. SPS

SPS Approved members

Hi my name is Robyn, we are in the UK, mum to Georgia age 10, dx at 2 1/2. We also have 4 other daughters the eldest is 21 and about to give us our first grandchild.:D

Georgia has been on a spirit pump for 4 years, we recently had problems with the down button so they upgraded us to a Combo but no handset :mad:

She has trouble recognising hypos and we tend to catch them by the way she is looking/acting ~ and testing more often. She also gets headaches when her blood sugars go above 10. We would feel happier if she had a CGM and have asked the Doctor to apply for one, although he informs us that the chance is very slim, we feel this would give her a better quality of life on a day to day basis.

This forum is excellent and well done to everyone for sharing, I have learned new things already.

Latest A1c 7.5

2. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

Hi Robyn,

Welcome :) Glad you found your way to the board. It's helping me immensely with my 12 yo daughter.

D.

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hello and welcome Robyn:) I hope that your daughter's doctor is more respectful of your wishes about getting a CGMS for her. Are there other endos in the area that you could switch to? Maybe someone else would be more accommadating and willing to listen to your concerns

4. SPS

SPS Approved members

Thank you

I am keeping my fingers crossed, will keep emailing him info and hope I can convert him.

If anyone has any good links/info that I could use?? (would be a great help)

xx

5. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Welcome to CWD.