- advertisement -

New "Teen"

Discussion in 'Teens' started by WiscoJim, Sep 23, 2010.

1. WiscoJim

WiscoJim Approved members

Hey Everyone,

I just turned 20, so I figured that I'd post in the Teen section instead of the adult one.

I am a Junior in college, majoring in Kinesiology with an emphasis on Physiology. I love riding motorcycles and meeting new people. Im on several motorcycle forums but never thought of joining a diabetic forum. This could be helpful for me because I do not know any other people who have diabetes!

I am on the pump, have been for 5 years now. I've had a few of them break on me but for the most part I really like the pump. Every now and then I switch back to injections to give my pump sites a break.

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself quick and hopefully I'll be able to help with any questions people have.

--Jim

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Welcome to CWD.

Nice to see someone from Wisconsin. I grew up outside of Milwaukee.

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Hi, welcome to CWD :)
    I am Kiersten, a sophmore in college, 19 yrs old. I have diabetes for almost 5 years. I also pump (minimed 522), but I am currently on a break from my pump. Once again, welcome to CWD!

4. WiscoJim

WiscoJim Approved members

Thanks! Why are you on break from your pump?

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

When I went to order supplies for my pump (at the end of the year, so my supply was gone) my endo told me I had to find a new endo (I hadn't been in to see him in a while because of being away at school) and would not order my supplies, so until I can find a new endo I am on shots.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  6. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Hi Jim,

We live in Wisconsin too. We got to see the Bluegolds perform here what an amazing band!

Welcome to CWD!

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

Hi! cool, someone who's had D longer than me! lol...
    i'm Anna, i'm a high school junior :)