- advertisement -

New meter case for Bayer Next Contour Link meter?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by minniem, Feb 5, 2013.

1. minniem

minniem Approved members

We just switched from One Touch to the Bayer Next Contour Link meter for my son. The meter is fine, but I HATE the case (as does he). Does anyone know of a meter case that works with this particular meter? Also, we use the Multiclix lancer and it doesn't stay in the case at all since it is thinner than the Bayer lancer, so a case that would hold that would be great too.

I am going to do a more extensive internet search later today, but I thought I would post here too in case someone had found one they really liked.

Thanks!

2. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

I'd like to know as well. Love the meter, don't love the case. My biggest issue is the part where the meter fits seems tight.

3. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

We don't like it either. Beyond cheaply made and just short of being big enough to be useful.

4. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I am begging anyone with sewing skills to step up and make a d kit with room for 4 things (tube of gluc tabs, contour meter, lancing device, and tub of strips) plus a clear outside pocket to stick the dex receiver and a net inside pocket for used strips or whatever. Make it cute and I will buy it. I'm thinking someing like this but thicker, at least an inch and a half.
    http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-...pell&keywords=ver+bradley+all+in+one+wristlet
    It has a clear pocket on the other side. The inside would need various elastic bands as well as a clear band for meter readings. And the inner pocket should be mesh so you can see what's inside. I would have retrofitted this with the elastic straps but it isn't think enough to accomadate a tub of strips or tube of gluc tabs.

Come on people, I know you can do it. I'll buy the first one. :D

5. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Oh I will buy too! Love the meter---HATE the case! Someone with skills please step up! Although I would want it to be on the smaller side but with enough room for a multiclix lancer.

6. Williamsville mommy

Williamsville mommy Approved members

I posted a note www.too sweet boutique.net. Maybe she can come up w/ something

7. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

LOL--so did I. :D

8. Williamsville mommy

Great minds think alike. Ha

9. Williamsville mommy

10. minniem

minniem Approved members

Well, after scouring through our stash of old meters and their cases we found that the Accucheck Nano case works pretty well. At least it's able to zip up around everything. It fits the meter, the strips and the accucheck multiplex in it with a few alcohol pads too. It's still a small case, but it's a lot easier to zip and unzip.

I don't know what the company was thinking when they made the original case. Did they not try it out at all before manufacturing it?

Thanks for all the responses...it would be awesome if someone crafty could make a cute case for it. I would definitely be willing to buy one!

11. GrammaBear

GrammaBear New Member

Maybe by now you have solved your problem of the Bayer Next Link 'case'. I am an adult but I still don't care for the case that the meter came in. I have found that the Accu-Chek Aviva case offered for sale on the Accu-Chek website will accomodate the Next Link Meter with a couple of minor alterations and no sewing needed.

I saw this post on another diabetes forum and it works and is not hard to do. I cannot take credit for this idea as it was someone else's.

http://www.insulinpumpforums.com//index.php?showtopic=4973&st=60
    please see post number 74.

12. Ali

Ali Approved members

I just got one also, have not tried it but same issue with case and also prefer the multiclik lancer. Their lancets work well just prefer the ease of the multiclk. Also why is the container that the strips are in so big? It looks like it could be half as big around, work better in a case or stashed in a pocket for kids who carry their stuff that way. ali