- advertisement -

New member :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by xAngelax, Aug 17, 2010.

1. xAngelax

xAngelax Approved members

Hey
    i've been browsing the forum for a few months now so thought i should start posting!
    i'll tell you a little bit about myself
    My name is Angela and im 19 i was diagnoised when i was 13
    Im on mdi of novorapid and lantus
    I have a twin sister whos non D
    Im just about to start my 3rd year of studying social work at uni
    Hope to hear from u guys! x

2. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

xAngelax Hello and welcome. Gather you have had some nice weather over the summer:D
    It will be good to have you here. There are quite a few of us Mums who have teenagers heading to uni in the next few years - so hope you don't mind if we aim a few questions at you every now and then.

Looking forward to hearing from you and welcome again. Liz.

3. xAngelax

Hi Liz
    Yeh we have had some nice weather:) a lot of rain too though :(
    no of course not if i see anything that i think i can help will i will try to give a good answer!
    Thanks for replying

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Hi Angela, and welcome :) I'm in England, and I've had T1 since I was 14 (I'm 17 now). There aren't many UKers here, so welcome to the select club! :cwds: How're you doing with D at uni? I might have some Scotland related questions for you, since I'm in the uni application stage right now and considering some Scottish ones. :) Hope you like it here.

5. xAngelax

Hi Emma! nice to here from someone from the uk :cwds: Im managing to deal with D quite well at uni i lived in student accomidation for the 1st year which was a real learning curve for D and everything else moved back home last year and this year, hopefully can get a flat at some point if i can learn to save money!
    ask away what unis are ur looking at? i have friends from all different 1s so shld be ableto find things out for you. what do u plan on studying?

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

St. Andrews looks amazing, but obviously has really high entry requirements, so I'm waiting for my first set of exam results before I think about applying there (we get them on Thursday :/). Also Glasgow and Edinburgh, which are nearish where my Uncle lives and it'd be good to have some family around. I think I'm going to do Philosophy (again, depends how results go) and I'm looking at joint honours courses as well.. All in all, I'm still a bit vague considering that I have to apply next month.. ;)

7. xAngelax

I love St Andrews my family have a caravan there i spent alot of my childhood there, was just there last week with friends for a few days. its got two nice beaches and a lovely town. Good luck on your results! think our schools got theirs a few weeks ago. edinburgh and glasow are both nice, my uni is just outside glasow and i live about 20 mins for edinburgh so im there quite a lot.
    Philosphy will be good :cwds:

8. Alba37

Alba37 Approved members

Just wanted to day a quick hello Angela :D

As you can see in my sig I have a 17 year old with Type 1. We live in Glasgow. Marc's hoping to get in to Glasgow Uni next year (which I am happy about, before that he was talking about Dundee!) but he'll no doubt change his mind before then ... again!

Welcome to CWD. :cwds:

9. xAngelax

Hey Alba37 :cwds: nice to hear from someone so close to home. Glasgow would be good nd close to home! he should go to all the open days see what what ones are good for his course.
    Thanks for the welcome :cwds: