- advertisement -

New low symptom?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by quiltinmom, Mar 30, 2015.

1. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Ds today said that his neck was tingling, sort of like when your foot falls asleep. I thought maybe a pinched nerve? He never said that he felt low or that it hurt. I brushed it off, But luckily dh thought too him to test (a real duh! Moment for me).....he was 45! So we treated it, and he came up with no problems. he said the tingling went away once his bg was up. Has anyone else had this happen? He usually feels his lows, the usual symptoms, shaky, etc. ( sometimes after a low I ask if he felt low, sometimes he says, "sorta" which I'm guessing is teenager for yes? I've been wondering lately if he will lose his hypo awareness.)

I don't remember tingling in the neck ever mentioned as a low symptom. :confused: any thoughts or experiences?

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

My neck tingling is a tell-tale sign that my blood sugar is low, generally under ~55. I don't really experience all the other symptoms until I'm in the low 40s, but it does go away once my blood sugar has risen.

3. dpr

dpr Approved members

My daughter just told me a couple weeks ago of the same symptom. She said it was a "new feeling" during a low.

4. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Here too 2 of the boys do