- advertisement -

New line of medical id's

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, May 16, 2012.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

2. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Those are really different.

I must admit though my favourite is the traditional medical alert bracelet dd wears. With all the different fun and fashionable things people are wearing around their wrists these days, I know the silver chain link bracelet would be instantly recognizable on dd's wrist if need be.

3. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

funny this was posted now. I think my nephew was telling his mom about these while i talked on the phone to her.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We've gotten a bit sloppy about the whole ID thing ... I'll show her these and see how it goes. ;) Thanks for the post.

5. bandmkolb

bandmkolb Approved members

Love the design but it looks to me like the tag is just a paper sticker stuck to a metal plate. I don't think I would like that at all.

6. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

I was thinking the same thing! My daughters and I have plenty of fashionable, fun, pretty jewelry that is just to wear but Ella's ID is a chain link, with a small charm. It's not glaring, but is recognizable as needed.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

I wish they made it where the metal wasn't against the skin. I think they are pretty cool but anything but sterling makes my kid breakout.

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I'm sure that Beach Bum would not have suggested it if it were a paper tag.

9. Lee

Lee Approved members

From their site:
    - The Medical Alert logo is super durable and won?t scratch, rust, or show fingerprints

10. bandmkolb

bandmkolb Approved members

Thanks! Looks like a design my son would love.

11. Mrs Puff

Mrs Puff Approved members

My son has a survival strap but it is not the kind with the white on the metal tag. I bought the embossed kind and had Diabetic, name, my cell phone etc put on it. Unfortunately I measured his wrist like the directions said, but son thinks it is too tight. He can be a little OCD about things. I ordered a dog tag (necklace) at the same time and he wears that instead. The bracelet is attached to his 'betes bag. I was pleased with bracelet and service of the company. If I buy again I will probably go for the new ones with white and red.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/custom-dog-tag-straps/dog-tag-survival-bracelet.html

12. Beach bum

For that kind of moola$$ it better not be paper. It probably looks like paper because it's the white tag covered in a polymer, which as Lee said makes it super durable and keeps scratches away.

13. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

those are cute, my med ID just started to break=( I guess I'm really hard on the because I've only had this one a few months! for those of you who just get the plain ones... do you just buy the at the drug store? I really hate ordering things online....

14. Beach bum

I find that the ones at the drug store don't hold up all that well, we had one that only lasted a few months. My friend used the one that slips on your watch, she's had that for years. All of the ones that have really held up well have been purchased online.