- advertisement -

New IV3000 Infusionset tape

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, May 18, 2011.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Interesting.. but is cutting a hole really that difficult? I use this craft punch and it works perfectly no matter which tape I happen to be using.. IV3000, Flexifix (my preference), or Tegaderm. I just fold the tape in half and use the punch to cut a semi-circle where I need it... no scissors and no fuss, and it's the perfect size for most infusion sets (as well as the disconnect on the contact detatch sets).

A 2" wide roll of flexifix is only $17... which means my average tape cost is about 8.5?, not the 85? that the special pre-cut IV3000 ends up being.

Since I have to pay cash for all of my supplies until I hit my $2500 deductible, I try not to spend more on things than necessary :)

3. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

I would like to try that out! Yes, sometimes cutting a hole to fit is a pain in the butt. On the go site changes I dont typically have scissors with me and to tell the truth, I like anything that makes life just plain easier!

4. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

That looks cool. I normally don't cut anything in the IV3000 because i do my best to not have to disconnect Deacon. I hope Animas sees that and starts offering it too.

--Sara

5. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

This is the type of tape that is enclosed with the sof-sets. We have choices of two different ones. Unfortunately both of these causes Chell to break out. The holes are pre-punched.

6. Ginagbaby1

Ginagbaby1 Approved members

I think it looks neat. We use the Sure T's and I only cover the patch that has the needle in it. (more for fear that it will be accidentally ripped out) so I cut the IV3000 in half since I don't need that big of a piece. I got a travel size pair of scissors from a first aid kit and I put that in our diabetes bag for on the go site changes.

7. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

I just.recently started using these. Very convenient, but more expensive than the standard tape.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Wow! I never would have thought of that. I usually just fold in half and cut a triangle, but I'm going to use my punch now. I just realized I have to find it first though:eek:

9. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

I just tried the creative memories circle maker on the IV3000 - it works! But not on the flex-fix nor the tegaderm!