- advertisement -

New here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dreamer10, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Dreamer10

Dreamer10 New Member

Hello! I am happy to find a site that has a support system for parents to children of diabetics. My name is Julie and I have 2 children with type 1 diabetes. Megan my thirteen yr old was diagnosed at 11 months and Skyler my 2 yr old was diagnosed at 8 months old.

I am looking for friends who can give me advice, can help me understand my teen as she struggles and can help give me insight into this disease.

Thanks again!

2. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

Welcome to the forums!

3. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Glad you found us.

I've got a teen...with D. Oy. I can commiserate I'm sure!

4. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Welcome Julie. I am glad you found us. I am sure it is hard having two children with Type 1.

I hope to learn more.

5. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Welcome! This site is amazing for support and learning. I have 2 daughter with type 1 as well. One is a teen and all I can say is ...ugh. Just kidding, we have good days and bad days, but teens can be just buggers without D. Throw hormones in with a high or low...and a she-devil can be created! My youngest is 11...so soon I'll have 2 hormonal D daughters to deal with! The CGMS has made my life so much easier! Looking forward to getting to know you!

6. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

Hi and welcome to our "family". You'll find a lot of compassionate people in this group that share your misfortune. I know you'll find all of the answers to your questions here.

7. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

Hi Julie, welcome to the forums. I have two children with diabetes both diagnosed as infants. Have you had them tested for Monogenic Diabetes? It's pretty rare for those dx over 6 months, but most doctors check just in case since they have found some. Something to think about.

8. Serenity's Mom

Serenity's Mom Approved members

Fairly new, too!

Hi Julie. I found this site recently myself. I have 3 daughters, Alaina 9, Novalee 8, & Serenity 7. Serenity, was diagnosed 2 months ago, the day before Thanksgiving, just before her birthday. I also grew up with an older brother who was diagnosed with type 1 when he was 3 and his daughter was diagnosed four years ago just before her 9th birthday. My cousin's son also has type 1. So I wasn't thrown into this completely in the dark, but it is quite different when you deal with it on a daily basis. This site and it's wonderful members have already helped me cope. Welcome to the club. :)