- advertisement -

new here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sherlynn01, Jan 2, 2007.

1. sherlynn01

sherlynn01 Approved members

Hi! my name is Sheryl and I have a 11 year old daugther that was diagnosed with diabetes in may of 2006. It hads been hard for us to cope with this but we have gotton a lot better at it. When she was first Diagnosed with this she ask lots of questions, She did not understand why she has to start checking her sugar, Why she has diffrent needs then other kids her age, she dose understand now but we are still learning, i am hoping to meet other parents going threw the same stuff as I am.:)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  2. ks0709

ks0709 Approved members

i'm going through the same stuff. my son was just diagnosed in Dec and i ask alot more questions than him. i dont think i will ever understand all of this

3. Boo

Boo Approved members

Welcome Sheryl! My son is also 11, and was diagnosed about 2.5 years ago. We are still learning, and always will be, but you'll be amazed and proud of how quickly you and your daugther will start to pick things up.

4. sherlynn01

sherlynn01 Approved members

so glad toknow I am not alone out there.

5. gsmom

gsmom Approved members

I just happened on here today, but my 11 year old son was dx just before his 8th birthday. I will NEVER forget when the Dr. came and told us and just feeling like, ok, what do we need to do to fix it? I too was sooo overwhelmed! I had no idea, but it has gotten easier over the years. Just browsing through all of the info here I can tell we're in good, supportive company!

6. Threebeans

Threebeans Approved members

Sherlynn, we are still in shock also. David was dx'd on 12/19/06, his 11th. birthday. What a birthday present. This site has help us so much. We are internet junkies and the info we have found on this site has helped alot. I hope you find the same comfort from reading posts that other people have done. It shows that we are not alone with this problem. I can always find the info we are searching for in some of the older topics.