- advertisement -

New Facebook group

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Becky Stevens mom, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I started a new Facebook group recently. Its called, For the love of caregivers. It is for anyone caring for a child with chronic illness /special needs or an elderly or ill parent or grandparent or a spouse with chronic or terminal illness. Its a place to celebrate caregivers and give them a place to rest their weary minds. To share info and support, to bi**ch and whine and vent about caregiving and to remember we are not alone. If you would like to join feel free to send a request. Its a closed group so that people can feel comfortable being open and honest with out family or friends seeing posts and having issues with them. You dont need to be my friend in order to join but if you'd like to friend me I am Becky Burelle Gagne on FB.

2. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Becky, thanks for this. I used to belong to an FB group that was something "caregivers" and they celebrated caregivers, but I cannot find it anymore...maybe they disbanded? I think this is a great thing you are doing! THANK YOU~

3. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

That is really great. I haven't jumped on the facebook bandwagon yet, maybe I should.

4. MadeleinesMom

MadeleinesMom Approved members

Becky,
    I just sent a request to join your group. Great idea. I am also going to friend request you....if you don't mind :)

5. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

Becky,

I just sent a friend request to you. I can't find the group, so I'll try to find that another day. Sometimes FB just doesn't seem to behave.....

~Gwen (aka cockatiel)

6. Becky Stevens mom

Thank you Joanne:) found it and accepted. Welcome to the group

7. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Sent a request to join as well.

8. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

Becky just added you as a friend and would like to join your caregiver group. I really don't "talk" about my son's D on facebook as you put it so that just anyone can't snoop and find out about it. I keep it pretty hush, hush at work.

You can find me on FB as Maria Schlossberg. I also have Art by Tally and Tally's Treasures on FB if you want to join those groups.
    :cwds:

P.S. Can't find your group, can you post the link so we can get to it? Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  9. Becky Stevens mom

Thank you for the friend request Maria:) Here is the link to the group. I'll have to confirm you. Welcome to For the love of Caregivers:cwds:

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=121451644567829

10. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

thanks for the link, just clicked to join. Glad to "meet" you and hoping for some good interaction regarding our kids. :cwds: