- advertisement -

New Discovery about IV3000 1 hand

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Jul 5, 2011.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I thought I'd post this just in case anyone is as dingy as me! :D

I never bothered to read the instructions on the IV3000 - how hard can it be? I discovered last night that there is medical grade tape concealed in that circle of paper you peel off - I'm using it now to make a loop in J's tubing and to help secure his Dex better.

Learn something new every day :rolleyes: :eek:

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Not all IV3000 has this.. only the "frame delivery" kind. Tegaderm has it too.

3. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Huh. I've always wondered what that is for. Ava likes to stick the cover on her tong and pretend she's a puppy dog. :p Who knew it had other uses.

4. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

LOL I can just imagine Ava with the "puppy dog" tongue. :D

I have frame type tegaderm but I didn't know IV3000 came with a frame. Our doesn't have a frame like tegaderm. We have "model" 4007.

According to the website: "Which products include fixation strips and how are they to be used?

All the products in the IV3000 1-Hand range, with the exception of the 6cm x 5cm dressing (66004011), include 2 sterile securing strips. The two sterile securing strips are medical grade tape and intended to be used to provide additional fixation around the hub of the catheter or to secure the line."