- advertisement -

New Diagnoses

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MamaBear, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Hi, Yes we did write out a plan. I met with the nurse and the new health aide last week before school started. My son actually did all his own blood checks and injections today. The aide was supposed to be watching and writing his numbers down. We have another meeting this week before school, to include the aide, the nurse,the principal, and his teachers. Hopefully this will all run smoothly soon enough.

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

That is great! You must be very proud of him:cwds: Its good that another meeting is in the works to make sure the aide knows what her responsibilities are and to go over the health plan with you

3. Heather-Nate's Mom

Heather-Nate's Mom Approved members

I know what you are going through. It is really hard and scary at first. You can't possibly expect his sugars to be within range in the beginning so don't be so hard on yourself. I, like you, was afraid to sleep for weeks after my sons diagnosis and I had a 3 month old baby girl to take care of also at the time. I was nursing her and had her at the hospital with me the whole time. The doctors will have to make adjustments to his insulin/carb ratios maybe several times until they get it right. All you can do is do your best, follow their orders and keep in touch with your doctors on any concerns and questions you have. My Endo is wonderful and said to call anytime day or night with ANY concerns I have. You will go through ups and downs with his sugars, especially as he enters puberty, just stay on top of it, and make adjustments(on doctors orders of course) as needed. It WILL get easier, I promise. We are all here for you to vent on and answer any questions you may have.